Become a Member
Voices of the Valley welcomes all interested singers to audition.
- Membership dues: $25.00 per person, per semester
- Music: To be purchased by each member
- Concert attire:
Gentlemen: Black tuxedo, black bow-tie, white tuxedo shirt, vest (purchased for $25.00), and black shoes/socks
Ladies: Black dress; the style and information for obtaining the dress is provided, silver necklace and earrings as approved by the group, and black shoes
- Black folder: Specified black folder required for all members
Rehearsals and Attendance
- Rehearsals: Mondays; 7:00 pm 9:30 pm; Grace United Methodist Church 309 Herman Avenue, Lemoyne, PA
- Fall rehearsals: Every week beginning the end of August and ending the first Monday of December
- Spring rehearsals: Resume the first Monday after New Year’s and end the last Monday in April
- Additional rehearsals: As deemed necessary by the director and/or for special events
All members are expected to attend all rehearsals unless cleared for absence by the director. Family emergencies, sickness and similar situations make sometimes take precedence and are usually permitted.
Voices is a high-quality choral group that performs a number of times during the year. As a result, there is a large number of selections to learn. With rehearsals limited to Monday nights, it is very important that each member take it upon him/herself to spend time on their own, during the week, to learn the music that is to be performed.
The director sends out weekly e-mails for the upcoming rehearsal including information such as:
- Notes from the previous rehearsal
- Reminders of trouble spots to practice during the week
- A detailed schedule of the next rehearsal
- Weather related changes
Additionally, assistance is available for those who need extra help and time by contacting the section leaders.