Voices of the Valley Scholarship Program
A Unique Opportunity for Talented Choral Students
Voices of the Valley offers a scholarship program that allows talented high school students to participate with Voices, with all expenses paid, for one academic year
Includes the following for one academic year (September – June) of membership.
- Membership fees
- Music as required for the performance repertoire for that season (To be kept by scholarship winner at the conclusion of the season)
- One recording of the December and April concert series
- Concert attire, not including footwear. (Must be returned at the conclusion of the scholarship term.)
- Letter of recommendation and recognition, from the ensemble, attesting to the participant’s work with Voices of the Valley
Recent college graduates who may have some concerns about membership fees, music and attire may also be eligible for assistance in their first year of membership.
- The applicant must be a full-time student, in good standing, in a high school recognized by the Department of Education in Pennsylvania during the year of the scholarship. Or, he/she must be a recognized home schooled student as defined by the Department of Education in Pennsylvania.
- The applicant must have parent/guardian permission to participate.
- The applicant must be able to read music.
- The applicant must be available to attend all rehearsals unless absence is approved, in advance, by the director.
- The applicant must commit to performing in all concerts during that scholarship year.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the applicant’s parent/guardian must ensure that he/she supports the applicant’s participation and will further ensure that the applicant follows the eligibility requirements listed above. If necessary, the parent/guardian will provide transportation to and from rehearsals and concerts.
- Applications can be submitted at any time during the year prior to August 1 of the year the scholarship is to begin (e.g., applications for 2015-16 must be completed by August 1, 2015.
- The length of the scholarship follows a typical academic year from the beginning of September through the end of June the following calendar year.
- The application must completed and submitted by the deadline indicated on the form. Missing information may result in the application being denied.
- The application must be signed by the applicant and the parent/guardian.
- Once the application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Voices of the Valley director, and prospective scholarship recipients will be contacted for an audition at a time that is mutually convenient. (Audition repertoire to be determined by the director.)
- Upon completion of the audition, the director will inform the successful candidates of their selection to the program.
- Decisions of the director are final.